Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds


I don't know about you guys, but eating pumpkin seeds is one of my favorite parts of Halloween. Because, fresh pumpkins seeds are really only available once a year, at pumpkin carving time.

So, if you are planning on carving your pumpkin in the next couple days, SAVE THE SEEDS. And turn them into this delicious snack.

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Ingredients:
Pumpkin Seeds (obvi)
Olive Oil
Salt
Garlic Powder

STEP 1: Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.

STEP 2: Remove excess pumpkin guts from seeds and place them in a medium sized bowl. Add in desired amount of olive and stir until all seeds are lightly coated.

STEP 3: Spread a thin layer of seeds onto a baking sheet. Lightly sprinkle salt and garlic powder over seeds.

STEP 4: Bake seeds in oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring the seeds after about 10 minutes.

Bon Apetite!

Much Love,


4 comments:

Ragan said...

YUM! i am definitely going to try this :)

Chelsea said...

I've been looking for a good recipe for pumpkin seeds. These sounds great!

Katie Did What said...

Yummmyyyy definitely making these!! I wasn't even planning on carving my pumpkin, but now I want to, just so I can eat the seeds! :)

xo

Emma Vogelsang said...

Yum! I am going to carve our other pumpkin. This would make a good snack.

Emma
http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com