Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It's been awhile

Remember that time when I was like, "Can't wait to blog ALL THE TIME about my adventures in Australia!"??? Clearly, that hasn't been happening. And I'm sorry.

I've been finding myself overwhelmed by the amount of new things that are to see and new people there are to meet. It seems like my days fill up fast and my time is better spent out doing things rather than blogging. But by the request of several friends and readers, here is a snippet into what's been happening down under.

LOTS OF WALKS!

And more practice using public transportation.
Taking the train places always makes me feel like I've stepped into Narnia.
Ferry from Circular Quay to Watsons Bay

A few updates...

Still no kangaroo or koala sightings.
I tried Vegimate, which is surprisingly ok when prepared properly.
I'll be spending a week in New Zealand at the end of the month (LOTR fans, holla!)
MY MOM IS COMING TO VISIT THIS WEEK!

Much love,

Ariel

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I went to New Zealand for a few weeks in 2007. It was AMAZING. Nelson was my favorite town. Cute, good shopping and food, a great little harbor. We actually stayed the night on a sailboat that night. And yes, LOTR EVERYWHERE. Don't miss Hobbiton. It was pretty cool.

x said...

Geez -- it looks so beautiful there! Glad to hear you're having a great time so far :)

Unknown said...

Ok, firstly YAY i love finding US bloggers living here in MY country :)
Secondly, if you want to see kangaroos come and visit me! (slightly creepy considering i just stumbled on this blog hey!?) but seriously, i live in a coastal town about 6 hours south of Sydney, the kangaroos are EVERYWHERE! Koalas you aren't likely to see in the wild tho.
I went to NZ in 2010 and LOVED it! Its such a nice country.
Anyways enough of my creepiness, feel free to check out my blog so you know i'm not some old saggy fifty year old man trying to seduce you to the town of kangaroos haha.
Can't wait to read more about your Aussie adventure :)
xx