Friday, February 1, 2013

Landed & Learning


Well, I made it! 22 hours and 7,652 miles later, I've landed on the other side of the world. And what an incredibly place it is. The weather is warm, the beaches are beautiful, and the people are amazingly friendly! 

In case you were wondering, the woman lying on the beach is, in fact, topless.
Watching the sunrise over the beach. Absolutely breathtaking. 
A few important things I've learned since arriving...

Everything is expensive.
There is nothing cuter than a small child with an Australian accent.
Money is waterproof.
UGG boots are sold in every convenience store and souvenir shop.
Everyone is a "mate".
Shoes are not required.
Parking in the city for one hour costs thirty dollars.
There are spiders the size of my face.
Coffee is one thousand times better here than in the states.

And since I like food so much, I'll throw in that everything here tastes good. Literally EVERYTHING. The Italian dressing from the grocery store quite possibly is just as good as an authentic Italian personal chef. 

More to come!

Much love,


6 comments:

Tyler said...

Glad you made it safely!! :)

The Collegiate Vegan said...

Spiders the size of your face... I don't know if I can come anymore!! gross.

k8te said...

sounds amazing! i've always wanted to take a trip to australia! i'm intrigued about the coffee, i wonder why it's so much better!

Erin Marie said...

So glad you made it there! Good luck with that parking...yikes! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Annie said...

I'm glad you've arrived safely! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures in Australia!

Brittany said...

Seriously swooning over that last picture! Absolutely beautiful. I wanna visit Australia so badly now...more than ever after seeing all your pictures!